Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Disposable Lives

Today while searching for my reading glasses, I was struck by the disposable nature of our lives. My initial thought when I couldn't find the glasses was, "time to go on ebay and get some more." This is what I do periodically -- order about 10 pairs of readers and wear them until I've lost the last one. This means that in my house, car or the Costume Shop, there are about 40 pairs of glasses sequestered away -- behind dressers, under beds, in odd places like behind the baking soda in the pantry closet (truly - I once found glasses there ... I've even found them in the freezer). They keep good company with the stray socks, earrings, missing car keys, theater tickets, and sometimes cash that magically evade my best efforts to find them. After exhausting my patience searching, sometimes I wonder, are they lost or am I?

Here is a nice article about losing glasses. Time to go on ebay...

No comments: