Friday, March 7, 2008

The Last Supper

Tonight was the last night. We went to Zauma’s for a great dinner and some spirited dancing.

I have met some amazing people on this trip:

Joe, who just discovered the teachings and has dived into them with wonder and appreciation;

John, who found romance in Tulum (go John!!);

Tracy, who looked her fears of heights, darkness and the ocean in the eye and conquered them;

Dawn, full of “vroom” and funk, who plans to start trying to have a baby with her beloved husband (go Dawn!!);

Darren and Michelle (the Hawaiian yoga goddess) who are so full of love for each other that everyone around them is giddy with good vibrations;

Eva, my roommate, who heroically lives with various ailments but remains full of grace and positive energy.

Today, Cassie and Angelica put on a fantastic gymnastics exhibition on the beach. We gave them both perfect 10s.

There were also two wonderful Swiss women, Regulah and Salome. Salome had one of the best quotes of the week. After a particularly sweaty class, she said, “I sweated so many of my toxins out, that I must immediately have a cigarette to replenish them.”

Of course, Erin and Stacey were here, as well as Barry, who was on retreat last year as well. I also got to know Leslie, who takes classes at Lotus. I never really talked to her before, and I look forward to seeing more of her back in NJ. She is smart, funny, and brought a grounded sense of humor to the group. I will miss them all.

No comments: