Friday, March 7, 2008

Prayers for Free

This morning I spent over 30 minutes trying to get online to check my email. Oy.

From The Buddha:

The day is now ended; my life is shorter.
How have I lived this day?
I resolve to practice with all my heart,
So that I may live deeply, as a free person,
always aware of impermanence,
lest my life drift away meaninglessly.

I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old.
I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape ill health.
I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death.
All I hold dear, and everyone I love are of the nature to change;
there is no way to escape being separated from them.
My actions are my only true belonging.
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground upon which I stand.

No comments: